Every woman wants to own a gemstone that she’ll love to wear often - be it tanzanites, rubies, sapphires, diamonds, topaz etc. Gemstones tend to bring a burst of color and a dazzling glow to every piece of jewelry. Which is precisely why tanzanite gemstones, with their uniquely bold, and luxurious color tones make such elegant statements.
The name "tanzanite" was given because the world's only commercially viable deposit is based in northern Tanzania. The gem's origin is reflected in its name. The mines are spread over an eight-square-mile range in the Merelani Hills, between the base of beautiful Mount Kilimanjaro and the city of Arusha.
Tanzanite is a rare stone, almost 1000 rarer than diamonds. Here are a few lesser-known facts about the gemstone for those curious about it -
1. For starters, tanzanite is considered to be a traditional 24th Wedding Anniversary gift.
2. It is orthorhombic in nature, relating to its different right angle axes.
3. Unheated tanzanite is Trichroic, meaning it gives off three different colors. Heated Tanzanite is dichroic - it shows off two colors. Unlike natural tanzanite, which may contain light green or brown hues, heated tanzanite is always between blue and violet.'
4. Notably, it is valued by the depth of its color - deeper the color, more valuable the tanzanite.
5. In 1968, Tiffany's first officially referred to the stone as - Tanzanite
6. It’s often called 'the most beautiful blue gemstone’ discovered in the last 2000 years and celebrated by specialists as the gemstone of the 20th century.
Cutters will fashion tanzanite crystals ranging in colors from violetish blue to bluish violet. The shade is based on how much weight they choose to keep from the rough.This way, tanzanite displays varying colors depending on the desired direction.
Being such a rare and valuable gemstone, a very frequently asked question is regarding its availability. The world leader in tanzanite is Top Tanzanite, with a collection of loose stones, available in all shapes and sizes. A complete jewelry collection, with designs to fit every style makes them the best option for tanzanite pendants, rings, bracelets, earrings, and studs.
With 42 years of experience in the wholesale gemstone business, Top Tanzanite takes pride in housing one of the largest collections of tanzanite in the world, as well as having one of the best online shopping destinations, exclusively for tanzanite jewelry. Top Tanzanite is involved at every step of the gemstone’s journey, which is one of the reasons why it has become the prime destination for tanzanite gemstone buyers.
Tanzanite jewelry symbolizes power and beauty which is exactly what Top Tanzanite stands for.