Tanzanite was the gemstone phenomena of the latter-20th century, discovered in 1967. This mesmerizing violetish-blue gemstone easily made its way to the list of collector’s and the jewelry boxes of women the world over.
What makes tanzanite jewelry so popular is so much more than the fascinating hues of the gemstone. Here are 5 reasons why the world finds jewelry made with tanzanite so very intriguing:-
1. As the story goes, during a massive storm, a lightning strike started a fire near the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro where a Masai herder later noticed several brilliant blue stones in the ground. It was found that the high temperature had turned the otherwise brown minerals blue and thus, tanzanite was born.
2. Tanzanite is extremely rare - it is found in a four kilometers wide and two kilometers long area at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The likelihood of finding tanzanite anywhere else on earth is one in a million, making it a thousand times rarer than diamonds.
3. Geologists around the globe estimate that at the current rate of mining, the available supply will be depleted within the next 25 years. As a result, tanzanite is known as the “gemstone of a generation”. This makes anyone owning the gemstone a custodian of something special.
4. Tanzanite is one of the few trichroic gemstones that man has discovered. Trichroism is the ability to display three colors within the same gemstone. As light passes through it, the stone shows a different color, depending on the angle of view. The three colors seen in tanzanite are shades of blue, violet and red.
5. Tanzanite was named as one of the four December birthstones in 2002, alongside the ruby, emerald and sapphire. It is known for its calming presence and tranquility and is said to promote thoughtfulness, wisdom and self-control.
At TopTanzanite, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with a wide range of stunning products like these:
Nothing defines elegance like our beautiful tanzanite ring that features a 4.95ct high grade Oval-cut gemstone encircled by 0.45cttw diamonds in 14K White Gold.
The classic pair of oval cut 0.40cttw tanzanite and diamond earrings has the potential to go with every ensemble and can be customized to your satisfaction.
Our dazzling 18.41tct natural tanzanite bracelet is studded with 2.61tcttw diamonds and set in 14K White Gold will add a touch of excellence to your look.
Class and sophistication is what makes our 25.59ct, high grade oval-cut tanzanite necklace stand out, especially with 6.64cttw diamonds to add an extra layer of sparkle.
We are a true mine-to-market brand for tanzanite jewelry and loose gemstones, ensuring the security and authenticity of your purchase with a promise of only best quality gemstones the industry has to offer. Head over to our website to get yourself a piece of gorgeous tanzanite jewelry.
If you hurry, you can use code DISC20 when you are checking out and avail of a special 20% discount on some of our superb tanzanite jewelry. Start your holiday shopping now!